Top 10 Reasons for Getting a Tattoo RemovedBy Pete On March 19, 2012 Under Posts
“Change your thoughts and you change your world.” – Norman Vincent Peale
Norman Vincent Peale
1) Broken Relationship: Cursive names of a past boyfriend or girlfriend are one of the most commonly removed tattoos. Many see the old flame’s name branded on their body as unfair to the new partner.
2) Job: Employers hate all tattoos! If you want a better, higher paying job it can help to lose the tat. Both Police and the military have severe restrictions on tattoos. A tattoo cannot be visible during a military salute.
3) Change in Lifestyle: What interested us years ago feels a little foolish now. Band names are a good example of common tattoo removal requests here. Frankie Goes to Hollywood, anyone?
4) Bad Artwork: Let’s face it, nothing is worse than a bad tattoo. Did you know David Beckham has his wife’s name misspelled in Hindi tattooed on his left arm?
5) Wedding: Many women feel unmarked skin looks best in a white wedding dress.
6) Fashion Issues: This is for women in particular, choosing clothes to hide or flaunt the tattoo on a daily basis becomes a pain.
7) Role Model: Once they have children many people regret having tattoos and don’t want their children to do the same.
8) Leaving a Criminal Past: Visible gang tats shout to everyone you are a gang member whether it is no longer true or not.
9) Being Judged: Being judged by others every day gets tiring.
10) New Religion: Some religions permit tattoos and others expressly forbid them.
Image credit: Wikipedia