10 Questions to Ask a Laser ClinicBy Pete On March 16, 2012 Under Posts
Nothing in life is guaranteed and there is no guarantee laser treatment will be the best choice for your skin and your tattoo. This is why it is very important to have a consultation with a trained and experienced laser technician or dermatologist to get the answers you need for your situation before you commit to a lengthy and expensive treatment process. These questions are examples of the major areas you should cover and they should be asked in person. The doctor or technician will only be able to give you an accurate assessment and estimate of effectiveness and cost after seeing your tattoo.
1. Can you completely remove this tattoo using lasers?
2. How many visits will that take?
3. How long between now and total removal in your estimation?
4. What will it cost?
5. Do you have payment plans or treatment package plans?
6. Should I fade the tattoo using a tattoo fading acid or cream before I begin laser treatment?
7. Will your lasers in this clinic be able to treat all the colors in my tattoo – including the whites, yellows and greens?
8. I have dark skin, what are the risks of permanent pigment change (white or dark spots) to my skin?
9. What about aftercare, what do you recommend here?
10. Will my insurance cover this?
(The answer to the last question is likely to disappoint. Tattoo removal is considered a “cosmetic” or “elective” medical treatment and is not covered by most insurance policies).